Don't give up the virtuous means due to extreme greed!
If any person who happens to eat by begging,
…It is very pleasant that he should not get angry!
The pride of not staying isolated and
…thereby not getting too much sorrow is pleasant!
Considering the extreme greed in mind,
…It is pleasant of not getting vexed in mind
that leads to giving up the virtuous means!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Don't give up the virtuous means due to extreme greed! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Iniyavai naaRpathu'
பிச்சைபுக் குண்பான் பிளிறாமை முன்இனிதே
துச்சி லிருந்து துயர்கூரா மாண்பினிதே
உற்றபே ராசை கருதி அறனொரூஉம்
ஒற்கம் இலாமை இனிது.39 இனியவை நாற்பது
Comments about this poem (Don't give up the virtuous means due to extreme greed! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
- Let us dream, hasmukh amathalal
- Iron Gates, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mental Illness, Angela K Brown
- The Unknown Person, Angela K Brown
- Austere Offices, Angela K Brown
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
- Na Na, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns