Glen Martin Fitch
The cops will find
two bodies on the floor.
The stabbed one
took awhile to die,
the other's flesh still warm.
They won't know why
both killers snuck out
through a different door.
If I must kill you
let me pick the way.
Perhaps pour lies and bile
in your ears or
drown you in a tub
of spit and tears,
inject resentment's gall
for quick decay.
It's sad when love dies
one heart at a time.
The love you had for me
you won't revive.
In spite of all your hate
mine's still alive.
I guess I must reciprocate your crime.
You won't look back
and you feel fine.
Since yours is dead
I'll have to murder mine.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DOUBLE HOMICIDE by Glen Martin Fitch )
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns