I climbed many a hills of far,
and never did look down.
With myself I fought a hundred war,
with a distinct engraved crown.
Many years i glanced among them,
born and raised and was a habitat.
Treated I was always with a precious gem
and was served always a healthy pat.
But a day a winter chilling day,
came dangling as a ally stone.
Covering and blocking my obedient way,
that a sudden truth I was shown.
The stone just hit by tender nail,
strictly I was felled behind.
Of which the injury is still to hail,
with a powerful and tight bind.
The truth was that I had a Downfall,
from the clouds and from where i ran.
The mighty was the blow of the call,
of the realization I am still a Man.
Muhammad Khalid's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Downfall by Muhammad Khalid )
- rotating, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- I Wait for Thee, Adam M. Snow
- With dignity, hasmukh amathalal
- Aurat, Bano Ali
- Change The Inevitable, Tony Adah
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.57, Mr. Nobody
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)