I often wonder how will my dream girl be
Someone educated and sophisticated
Someone of good pedigree
Perhaps she'll have have Master's degree
Or better yet, even a Ph.D
Will she look after my every need?
Put aside selfishness and greed?
Will she have my best interest at heart?
Love me unconditionally, till death do us part
Will she be loving, gentle and mild?
Willing to be the mother of my child?
Will she carry herself with dignity and pride?
Will she be proud to have me at her side?
Will she share my joys, triumphs and failures too?
Stick with me no matter what we're going through?
Yes...I often wonder how will my dream girl be
Please dear Lord, send the right girl for me
Paul Adolphus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream Girl by Paul Adolphus )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)