Jamila.i. Bello girei
Where am I…?
Dreams that torments
Dreams that burden
Dreams take you to your past
Dreams scream you to the future
Dreams freeze your progress
Dreams bid you forget your loved ones
Though far and few are truly yours
Can’t I hope?
To be someone with dignity
I force my eyes and heart to open
To what teaches us how to live
But can I be free from dreams?
Why do dreams harass my mind?
Dreams live in every one’s heart
Dreams may live or die
What golf between?
Dreams and realities.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Jamila.i. Bello girei )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck