I think of you but you are not here,
I picture your face in my day and
I can see you clearly. The beauty
Of your smile, that gap between
Your front teeth, your sweet lips.
They are everything that the garden
Of my mind focuses on, but you're
Not here. Just the still air that I
Breathe. I dream aloud that we are
Walking together, holding hands.
I hold you closer through the ether
That separates us yet binds us
Until we can meet again. Reinventing
The love that we had. Holding on
To the vision until it fades in the distance.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- this poem is about Kohls Cash, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...