I am your faithful friend, I cannot lie
My silver charm waits upon your desire
As I stand and wait patiently for you.
You look at me, through me, as if, as if.
As if you wanted to look younger,
Sleeker, slimmer. You gaze and gaze.
You never talk to me but I look back at you
Without wondering, without comment
And I am truthful; I am your faithful friend.
I cannot lie or be unfaithful but when you
Look at me you are unhappy with what
You see. You are critical and sigh.
I will always be here for you, waiting.
My silver charm just a reflection
Waiting to make your day seem happy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mirror by David Wood )
- Revolution, Revolution, Revolu -, Romella Kitchens
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
- I almost was left behind., Sonia Ode Lucci
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)