Dreams and Aspirations
Oh, to dream...
How boring and even benign would life be
without the ability to dream and ability of foreseeability.
Oh, how inspiring are aspirations…
The future is unbeknown and man caught in an eternal present
plans in a furtive event for the future when the future never happens
as we live in an eternal now, inescapblebound to this existence,
sharing a bond with the past, yet how noble planning regardless for the future,
aspiring to greater heights in defiance and ostensible ignorance
of the ever turning wheel of fortune.
Oh, how awe inspiring are inspirations…
Inpiration, much like many other things is momentary
to complimenting earth, nature
and our very existence on this interlinked planet.
Hercolena Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams and Aspirations by Hercolena Oliver )
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
- Ghosts, Patricia Spears Jones
- Let me proceed forward, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of God, Patricia Spears Jones
- What I Have Not Done for Love, Patricia Spears Jones
- Painkiller, Patricia Spears Jones
- we choose to be happy, kemurl fofanah
- Voices, Pamela Spiro Wagner
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)