Lawrence S. Pertillar
Due To Interpretation
The troubles most people have,
Are all due to interpretation.
With an excuse to remain amused,
While refusing to face them to eliminate.
There are those who choose to perceive,
Their kept delusions to be threatened.
And by the ones doing their best,
To ignore them but with little success.
And yet with the increasing mental stabilities,
Being exposed and freely released...
A peace one wishes to live is on the decrease,
As those with troubles seek to approve this 'peace'.
To fear it done without conflicts to inflict on everyone.
Troubles are kept and projected.
Mindsets accept manipulation.
And the ones experienced in deception,
Keep their mental defects under radar.
To leave the implementation to go undetected.
'Your assessment is quite severe.'
I have learned to drink my scotch on the rocks.
No ginger to aid a clarity I endear.
Nor do I have a preference for expense.
Since the pretense of it I discovered,
Had been too socially accepted.
'Then what are you doing here? '
Drinking scotch on the rocks.
Obviously you are not into it?
'No I am not.
I prefer to 'wine'.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Due To Interpretation by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Assuredly بالتأكيد, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Become Our Choices, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Struck matches, Mark Heathcote
- Kent Sands Crustations, John Fitzgerald
- What I am, V P Mahur
- Call Of Jesus, V P Mahur
- Ignorance And Arrogance, Margaret Alice Second
- Fight, Leong Ming Loong
- This can't be You, V P Mahur
- Absolution, John Fitzgerald