The sky saw the tri-colour
Scattering values of
Sacrifice, tolerance and peace.
The sun witnessed
The sparkle of colours,
Silently added its refulgence.
On the earth all leaders,
Were busy canvassing,
Silently, teachers instilling values
Into soft minds.
Everywhere, India is great,
Sadly, I see my values
Dying like Dodo,
Not able to cope with
Water, wind and time.
In the night, the moon
Witnessed with stars
How flags looked
Black and dark,
Everyone looked sad
Morose and like cadaver,
On blazing fire my values.
Sudam Panigrahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dying Values by Sudam Panigrahi )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Poem of the Day
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian
- Compromised, M.J. Lemon
- I Want You, I Want You, A Girl Just Like.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Gillu Rahul
- Carpe, Doyen Lingua
- The Long Journey... From Tree to Me - Pa.., Jannavi Rout
- Tamarind, M.J. Lemon
- Poetry Or Science? Which Should It Be Gi.., Bijay Kant Dubey