The skies opened and its tears did fall
and the river of tears did flow.
And mankind watched the rivers swell
and picked up oars to row.
But the strength of the watery tears
covered all in its sight
and every man cried as they watched
through the darkness of the night.
And in the morning when the sun should shine
they found it was not in the sky.
The rivers now rose inches every minute
and every mother did cry.
Babes in arms swathed in blankets wet
also felt fear inside.
Mother Earth continued her relentless tears
until all on earth had died.
And then much later, the sun did shine again.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth's Tears by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raining Love, Sandra Feldman
- I Still Read, An Apology For Someone Pro.., Michael McParland
- Not Missed, Michael McParland
- Trigger Happy, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Goodbye, Michael McParland
- Farewell, Michael McParland
- Falling, Michael McParland
- The Poet's License, Tony Adah
- A Journey That Ended In Laughs, Michael McParland