East of the Sun and West of the Moon
East of the sun and west of the moon
Is where I must go,
For the love I won and lost so soon
Is there I know.
East of the sun and west of the moon,
Where there’s a will there’s a way.
I’ll know no rest from this lonely quest
Till I’m with my love someday.
Though now winds of pain blow
In fierce storms of sorrow,
Somehow there’ll be a rainbow
Shining for me tomorrow.
East of the sun and west of the moon—
How I long to see
That strange and wondrous land
Where my love waits for me!
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
From: One Two Three a Trilogy – Two – “East of the Sun and West of the Moon” – a rendering in musical theater by Harley White – based on the version in Norske Folkeeventyr, collected and recorded by P.C. Absjörnsen and Jorgen Moe,19th Century
Excerpts from Trilogy – click on “Trilogy excerpts”…
[ harleywhite.awardspace.com ]
Comments about this poem (East of the Sun and West of the Moon by Harley White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- EVERY ACTION ITS REACTION لكل فعل ردة فعله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happiness Is Gold, Rich Reitz
- Can't Go Home Again, Rich Reitz
- Seagull Halo, Saiom Shriver