The cavern of departure lounge,
with sadness and farewell.
The dark unconscious,
unresolved foundations of day.
Threads of Oedipus
and the leavetakings of life,
with Passover lintils of blood.
Then the Other side,
joys embraced, threads joined
a tapestry turned around.
A new beginning,
like computers ikon entry.
The daffodil and crocus show
and into bloom
the essence to form,
and shadow into substance
Plato's cave all lit.
a letting go,
and out of death's chamber
On easter Dawn.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Easter Day by Bernard Kennedy )
- Grammar, Edward Kofi Louis
- A lovely smile upon your face, Erato
- Contemplation, Edward Kofi Louis
- That Love, Dabouz Yamina
- Oranien, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Historic, But Black Statue of Radha-.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Uncompleted Quest, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- All-in-one, Edward Kofi Louis
- Make Me, Sentamu Aziz
- The Traffic Light, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(November 9 - 1937)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)