from where? For Who?
Coming out? Of What?
If we view from the window
we see a limited and framed
view, as a picture or painting,
set in time.
The view is limited from there.
Get yourself up a high mountain
and see, the broad and full view,
not the detail but the landscape
full and fresh from
hill to coast.
It is from where you look
what you will see.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking Out by Bernard Kennedy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lonely Rose, Ronald Chapman
- Grandmother Dickey, Kate Harrington
- Hey There Girl, Ronald Chapman
- Gone To Sleep, Kate Harrington
- Korea! Always In My Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Young Liars With Medallions, Naveed Akram
- Stolen Key, Ronald Chapman
- waanzin, co the skipper
- Let all the Religions be cooled in hot S.., nimal dunuhinga
- Great Black Spectre, Michael McParland