Easter (Eternal Promotion)
Christ came down to forgive us for all the wrong things we do.
He came to die for us, so that we born anew.
He said, “Lord let their sins be washed away by the blood of me.”
Hopefully my Lord they will finally see.
The things must be done and there is no other choice.
Even through all the His pain, He said this in a plain voice.
As He came by the Hostile crowd, He could hear them say, “Crucify him now.”
This is the one thing that the Governor Pilate would allow.
As Jesus was led away,
He continued to see God’s way.
The soldiers whipped and the crowd spate on him.
He said, Lord please forgive them,
Because they do not know the things they do.
Even through all of the pain of the piecing nails, He still was thinking of me and you,
He laid there on the cross as His sentence was carried out,
He laid there without scream or shout.
As He took his last Breath,
God took him away to rest.
Hopefully we can all see,
The see the reason He died for you and me
Christ lived a life full of faith and devotion.
So that He would lead us to our Eternal Promotion.
Frank Pulver Mar 30,2013
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Easter (Eternal Promotion) by Frank Pulver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis