Here's an idea for the Disney team
or anyone else who wants it.
Three eco-dolphins, swish musketeers,
defend less gifted creatures
against sophisticated fishing boats,
endless oil-slicks and nuclear tests.
Their counterparts on land, three eco-foxes
(their cleverness at last valued)
lead other animals to safety
when habitats are felled or burned;
warn them of polluted streams,
or rescue them from traps.
In this cartoon, the enemy is man:
arch-predator and eco-demon.
Robert Melliard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eco-toon by Robert Melliard )
- Troubles ahead, gajanan mishra
- I Need You, Diana Rose
- Farewell Mama, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Love, Akhil Zoomin
- Accident and Emergency Unit, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Long Lost Love, Marites C. Cayetano
- Likes, Holly Moon
- Living, Holly Moon
- Limerick-45, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- My Periphery, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns