Archie Bunker, hoarder of hate,
Got very lucky with his choice
Of Edith as his wedded mate.
Not prettiest in look or voice,
But inside she was loveliest
At turning bad stuff into good,
Bringing out in others their best,
Giving of love that humans should.
Show episodes over again,
Edith remembered as the one
Who brought and kept lots of love in
All in the Family rerun.
Edith Bunker will always be
The love of Archie on T.V.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Edith Bunker by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sent for Scent, Ima Ryma
- Love and speak, hasmukh amathalal
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary