Eileen & The wind
Both, blow hard on me.
It is the fall
The wind is predictable
When it comes
When it goes away
When and where it hits
It comes from the west
Or from the south.
Eileen is a Northern
Type of wind.
Hot and icy
That took off my mind
And un-earthed my skin.
Both are two natural phenomena,
Both are unstoppable.
If I can ignore the wind,
I can not avoid Eileen.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eileen & The wind by Atef Ayadi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- New Alarm Clock, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom