Eileen & The wind
Both, blow hard on me.
It is the fall
The wind is predictable
When it comes
When it goes away
When and where it hits
It comes from the west
Or from the south.
Eileen is a Northern
Type of wind.
Hot and icy
That took off my mind
And un-earthed my skin.
Both are two natural phenomena,
Both are unstoppable.
If I can ignore the wind,
I can not avoid Eileen.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eileen & The wind by Atef Ayadi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- My Country, Dorothea Mackeller
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- I Do Love, michael walkerjohn
- My Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- Christmas Holiday Guest, louis rams
- Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- I Thought of You Today, Vera Sidhwa
- I Love You Kira 5, Michael P. McParland
- "JU kwa JUU", michael walkerjohn
- Blood that killed two, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- fade away, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Come Two Three, michael walkerjohn