A faint ember emerges from the womb of an abyss,
Born into the stark and barren silence of endless emptiness...
It's dim light softly pulsing with small tremblings of energy -
Would not the tiniest disturbance shatter it's fragility?
For like a weak and pallid flower threatening to unbloom,
This frail, delicate form might quickly wither to it's doom.
But then a perfect power erupts - a blast of a chaos and harmony:
The first glimmers and sparks of life disperse in radiant scatterings;
And so the marvel continues to explode, to expand without pause,
Slashing at the darkness as though it's rays of light were claws...
Growing ever vaster, churning, like a whirling beast of flame,
Lighting all the nothingness, til all the nothingness has been claimed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emerging Ember by Jonathan Platt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka
- Kur me the te dua, skender iljaz braka
- Can anyone tell?, Somanathan Iyer
- Kujtome nje çast, skender iljaz braka
- Walls Between You And Your Dream, kayanja isaac
- Ku po shkojm! ? ..., skender iljaz braka
- Ku mund ta gjej demonin e arsyes? ....., skender iljaz braka
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady