Hide behind your wall,
so every time you fall,
nobody will see who you really are.
Why are you afraid of revealing your feelings?
Are you afraid you'll get help help you know you really need?
Are you afraid your friends will betray you or judge you for who you really are?
You say you have no scars,
but they show,
You didn't know that your friends that you thought you could never trust again have seen your emotions,
the feel sorry for what you've been through,
and for you.
Next time you feel your hiding your feelings from us,
you need to let out the true you,
so be happy,
so be sad,
If there's something wrong,
don't shrug it off and say it's gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emotion by David Lomenick )
- Artistic Eye, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 9 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Hiding Behind Masks, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Will, Kathryn Tyler King
- 6 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
- Big Dark Cloud, Albert Martin
- 1 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- America, What's So Beautiful?, Kathryn Tyler King
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)