Hide behind your wall,
so every time you fall,
nobody will see who you really are.
Why are you afraid of revealing your feelings?
Are you afraid you'll get help help you know you really need?
Are you afraid your friends will betray you or judge you for who you really are?
You say you have no scars,
but they show,
You didn't know that your friends that you thought you could never trust again have seen your emotions,
the feel sorry for what you've been through,
and for you.
Next time you feel your hiding your feelings from us,
you need to let out the true you,
so be happy,
so be sad,
If there's something wrong,
don't shrug it off and say it's gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emotion by David Lomenick )
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)