Soldiers march en masse at dawn.
recapture the city with forces strong.
How came it all to be this way?
Someone said said something, did something
they shouldn't have that day.
Now, the people die as before...
as before and before.
What sense does it make when the building shakes?
what foolish moves some people make.
Taking lives like flowers
wasting treasure and numbered hours
How and why is besides the point now.
Soldiers stand, lie and scream...
the child cries his immortal plea.
Screams not drowned out by the noise of gun.
As he screams, 'Mommy, mommy...'
And she screams out,
'My son, my son...'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (En masse by Jayl Morris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson