Encased In Love
Love is like the ocean
It's different at each shore.
Love is like the weather
You never know what's in store.
Love is like the clouds
It has so many shapes and forms.
Love is like the water
It swirls and flows and swarms.
Love is like the stars
It twinkles in your eyes.
Love is like the planets
It's full of wonder and surprise.
Love is like a snowfall
It holds such beauty and delight.
Love is like a forest
Its mystery grabs us tight.
Love is like a sunset
Its splendour makes you smile.
Love is like a half moon
Its other half you want in time.
Love is like a person
It's unique each time it flowers.
Love is like a heartbeat
It's strong and full of powers.
Daniel Murphy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Encased In Love by Daniel Murphy )
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
- Futile Peace Troll, Aftab Alam
- Dragons, David Griebel
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)