I went one day to see and hear.
Came back, closed eyes, with only fear.
Explain you come and reasons why.
I slammed door, say goodbye.
Keys ignition, engine start.
Sped up highway like a dart.
Tears in eyes, pain and hurt.
You're forgotten, tears have gone.
Engagement ring now in pawn.
Only a scar and memory a burden.
Our relationship will never furthen.
Finding you with someone else.
What a shock, deep hurt I felt.
Now a new life, joy I feel.
Your pictures I rip and tear and peel.
May be forgotten, but will never forgive.
It's you that's forgotten, so I can live.
Daniel Murphy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Denial by Daniel Murphy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- An illicit dream....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The House Across Our Road, Kuda Bondamakara
- sadism, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Call me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Gibberish, Neela Nath
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan