The screaming and shouting is deafening,
I’m staring down at the floor,
As soon as the teacher leaves the room it starts again,
There are many names on the board,
My friend is on there too,
Has she been wrongly accused?
Or is she just being stupid.
I have no choice but to read 3 chapters of a book,
And answer 37 questions about it,
Many people have done nothing,
Yet as I sit here I am on my 30th question,
Not much of the lesson to go,
The buzzer goes,
It’s finally over.
Sophie Shaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (English 'class' by Sophie Shaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford