The screaming and shouting is deafening,
I’m staring down at the floor,
As soon as the teacher leaves the room it starts again,
There are many names on the board,
My friend is on there too,
Has she been wrongly accused?
Or is she just being stupid.
I have no choice but to read 3 chapters of a book,
And answer 37 questions about it,
Many people have done nothing,
Yet as I sit here I am on my 30th question,
Not much of the lesson to go,
The buzzer goes,
It’s finally over.
Sophie Shaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (English 'class' by Sophie Shaw )
- My thoughts amid choas, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Am Alive, Akhtar Jawad
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi