Loss of life, loss of money, loss of your wife-maybe a loss of your job can not compare with this!
Over the river,
Through the woods,
That is the only thing that I heard.
The screams were there,
So were the sighs,
Oh, why or why?
Everyone convened on the back porch,
I never realized what it was for,
Surely, It couldn't be,
That they were expecting me.
I thought that I was their friend,
They left the light on,
But wait what is that they have in their hands,
Maybe I shouldn't go,
But there she is,
If I don't go,
Will I regret it!
She will never let me live it down,
They have put it up!
What is that they call me?
Can't they see that they need me?
Oh, no! What is that sound,
Zap another one hit the ground?
Wake up you beloved friend,
But such is the life of the fly-enough said.
Les Farmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enough Said by Les Farmer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar