Robert William Service
No matter how he toil and strive
The fate of every man alive
With luck will be to lie alone,
His empty name cut in a stone.
Grim time the fairest fame will flout,
But though his name be blotted out,
And he forgotten with his peers,
His stone may wear a year of years.
No matter how we sow and reap
The end of all is endless sleep;
From strife a merciful release,
From life the crowning prize of Peace.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epitaph by Robert William Service )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- CANDOR 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- ummeedein, rohit kumar choudhary
- RATIONALITY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SMARTASS PHONES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- kal aur aaj, rohit kumar choudhary
- Rocket C'est Moi 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- IMITATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Pugad ng pag ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- EXPECTATIONS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- My friend, joe foster