Robert William Service
Say! You've struck a heap of trouble --
Bust in business, lost your wife;
No one cares a cent about you,
You don't care a cent for life;
Hard luck has of hope bereft you,
Health is failing, wish you'd die --
Why, you've still the sunshine left you
And the big, blue sky.
Sky so blue it makes you wonder
If it's heaven shining through;
Earth so smiling 'way out yonder,
Sun so bright it dazzles you;
Birds a-singing, flowers a-flinging
All their fragrance on the breeze;
Dancing shadows, green, still meadows --
Don't you mope, you've still got these.
These, and none can take them from you;
These, and none can weigh their worth.
What! you're tired and broke and beaten? --
Why, you're rich -- you've got the earth!
Yes, if you're a tramp in tatters,
While the blue sky bends above
You've got nearly all that matters --
You've got God, and God is love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comfort by Robert William Service )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- the perfect girl, glen pugh
- Raining Love, Sandra Feldman