It's true he came from Scotland way up north and far away
But in Adelaide in south Australia he's lived for many a day
And in the Land down under they now claim him for their own
One of the finest songwriters this World has ever known.
As a writer of songs and ballads his greatness can't be denied
And some of the many he has written are now known and sung worldwide
And he will always be remembered as the little fellow who
Wrote 'And the band played waltzing matilda' and the Aussie barbecue
The green fields of France an anti war song gave him his first taste of fame
And you won't find many people who have not heard of his name
And who can forget his great song to his mother the immortal
The legend of Eric Bogle only seem to grow and grow.
His distinct accent of Scotland to this day with him remain
And his is one great talent and will we see his likes again?
As a singer and songwriter a name for himself he's made
And he lives in South Australia in historic Adelaide.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eric Bogle by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- As you sow, so, you reap, Aftab Alam
- 1 Soul + Another =____?, LUVinThe NOW
- Rise of the Fallen, Maverick Jones
- your memory barks in my old blue trunk, Mandolyn Davidson
- i run with an ax, Mandolyn Davidson
- i smile because it makes you look good, Mandolyn Davidson
- Today Is Today, Margaret Moran
- Inclusiveness of Religions-A Ramzan Thou.., Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Nicely salty..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Born Country, Maverick Jones