Eriskay Ponies to the Rescue
1941, World War II,
The S.S. Politician sank,
Not from attack as foes might do,
But from the weight of booze not drank.
We Eriskay ponies were brought
To salvage the whiskey galore.
Thousands of the cases they sot.
Of course it was all for the war.
Our island flowed with the stuff,
Hauled by us ponies from the sea.
The humans could not drink enough.
But that's just how the humans be.
Humans have some very pour taste,
Cannot let whiskey go to waste.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eriskay Ponies to the Rescue by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal