Escaping from heaven
Why am I here? Why does nobody hate me?
Should I be here? Do I deserve this pleasure?
Am I worthy to become part of the heavenly scene?
Everybody’s nice, interesting, calm and I’m sure they don’t hate me
I shouldn`t be here, Why am I still living this pleasure?
I fell guilty of even taking part for a few minutes in this scene
Heaven is not for everyone!
I start running down
And I`m sure that running down will only take me to hell
I reach a talking Sphinx
And he asks me:
How do you fell?
Guilty! I start running again
While I see the Sphinx bowing his head like saying: Yes!
I repent myself for my madness, but I still run down like a mad man
I reach a gate of Hell
I stay there, felling guiltier than before
I’m not mad anymore. I’m positively insane!
In that place I couldn’t sleep even though
I was bored and tiered
Ha! It seems that the worst punishment for me
Is eternal boredom
After a few minutes, I’m being brought back where the Sphinx was
And I realize it’s in between heaven and hell
So I think to myself…..
Do I have a second chance?
The Sphinx bows
I wake up in the greenest Park
I have been in my life
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Escaping from heaven by Edi Miszti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shiny Stars, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your beating heart, Diana Rosser
- To Like Is Not to Love, Sandra Feldman
- Byrne-Milliron at dusk, Jeffrey Tillery
- longest ever tattoo (unfinished), lee fones
- Together..... My Love And I, Lora Colon
- VOICE OF REDEMPTION, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- And...Enter The Children, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Quickened Methods To Destroy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery