Escaping from heaven
Why am I here? Why does nobody hate me?
Should I be here? Do I deserve this pleasure?
Am I worthy to become part of the heavenly scene?
Everybody’s nice, interesting, calm and I’m sure they don’t hate me
I shouldn`t be here, Why am I still living this pleasure?
I fell guilty of even taking part for a few minutes in this scene
Heaven is not for everyone!
I start running down
And I`m sure that running down will only take me to hell
I reach a talking Sphinx
And he asks me:
How do you fell?
Guilty! I start running again
While I see the Sphinx bowing his head like saying: Yes!
I repent myself for my madness, but I still run down like a mad man
I reach a gate of Hell
I stay there, felling guiltier than before
I’m not mad anymore. I’m positively insane!
In that place I couldn’t sleep even though
I was bored and tiered
Ha! It seems that the worst punishment for me
Is eternal boredom
After a few minutes, I’m being brought back where the Sphinx was
And I realize it’s in between heaven and hell
So I think to myself…..
Do I have a second chance?
The Sphinx bows
I wake up in the greenest Park
I have been in my life
Edi Miszti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Escaping from heaven by Edi Miszti )
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)