I love you when you are near.
As seaman love the morning clear.
I love you still when your far away.
As a potter loves the supple clay.
I love you blindly without regret.
Like a sweet sonata in a loving duet.
I love you more than I have shown.
In selfish ways I now condone.
I love you best when nights are scented.
With pillows damp and souls contented.
I love you lavish,
Like a poet loves his quill.
And when you say you tire of me,
I know I'll love you still.
Jeff Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eternal Love by Jeff Siegel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking