Even Nostalgia Ain't What It Used To Be!
So where are they now?
The fermenting, fearless comrades,
Of my coke and coffee days.
Where are they now?
Where lies this corrupting body
Of wild ideas,
Once brazen-faced with eyes ablaze?
In a lurching, alcoholic stupor,
Or a crazed, shambolic haze?
Where are those,
That would change the world,
That could never change
And why the phalanx vanguard,
Left to fallow on the field?
There can be no simple answer,
No shroud of common tale;
But the odd and mild placebo,
Of an idle betrayal.
But there was no
Swift, clean, clinical amputation
Or dismemberment, either!
Just a slow,
Into social dissonance.
To me, it is a painful thing,
The torn skin and abrasion,
Selling out a generation,
A running sore, of bad faith,
And distorted memory.
But I go on!
Dave SmithWhite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Even Nostalgia Ain't What It Used To Be! by Dave SmithWhite )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Start anew, gajanan mishra
- BACK TO SCHOOL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Melancholia (haiku), hap rochelle
- قصه ماه 1, ALI MOSLEHI
- life is fair........., RIC S. BASTASA
- when you are alone you become a thinker, RIC S. BASTASA
- all dirty clothes wrapped in cellophane, RIC S. BASTASA
- the way i want it, RIC S. BASTASA
- an early morning canvass, RIC S. BASTASA
- A Nation I Lack Of Notion, Halla Ingimars