It is the quiet times we cherish
When sunlight fails in brightness
And birds celebrate their evening songs
And wife goes to market
And even the dog almost knows he must be still.
It is the quiet time I cherish with hoot of a distant owl
And comfort from scripture of Mother's best tradition.
It is the quiet time I cherish
Enough to feel an air caress
Enough to close these lines in peace
It is the evening times we cherish.
Bill Grace's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evening by Bill Grace )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Communists Are The Power-hungry People, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain and thunder, Han Min Ohn
- Poem is not bound, gajanan mishra
- Indian English Poetry- A Study In First .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Too much, hasmukh amathalal
- Beer, Britton DeJong
- A Flower Is To See, Not To Kiss Or Smell, Bijay Kant Dubey
- In the forest, Philo Yan
- The Devil Called On Me, louis rams
- Papa Says That The Son Will Make A Name, Bijay Kant Dubey