From the moment
To say Dad,
A lot of giants
Stand against you.
How they're alive,
You're never told.
Thinking of them;
Not your right;
To the end of time.
Are always there.
Unlike those of epics,
No heroes defeat them;
Fighting with them is futile.
But after some years,
A miracle happens;
Begin to speak
By your own tongue.
They never forsake you!
Sima Farshid's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Everlasting Giants by Sima Farshid )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Remember, I Remember, Thomas Hood
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(November 9 - 1937)