Every Boy Dreams
Every boy dreams of being brave
And one day rescuing girl in need;
While manhood dreams oft cast him knave,
With choices ruled by his lust and greed.
And weakened thus by evil foes,
Accused and stumbling on he goes,
Bowing his head, resisting dreams-
'Tis easier far to kill the spark.
And though she longs for him to lead,
He forfeits bravery for a lark,
A selfish quest- alas, short-lived,
Refusing his life for hers to give.
Hm. Nes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Every Boy Dreams by Hm. Nes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo