Blessing Anastasia Abaka
Warriors wake up!
It's time for the battle.
Refill your ink, clear the desk
Dusk your notebooks and textbook.
Run through your syllabus,
Plan your zones,
For war begins in 7days,5 hours.
Warriors hope you're awake.
It takes 4 months for a writer,
2 months for a docter,
1 month for a lawyer,
1 night for a student before the war began.
To fight for survival
Yet the mere warriors stand vivacious.
If a paper comes very tough in exam
Just close your eyes for a moment,
Take a deep breath
And pour out loudly
' A crystalline subject, that is very interesting'
Fight the fever with laurel.
Be calm, self equipped
With facts and figures
To conquer this feverish battle.
Best of luck i wish you.
Blessing Anastasia Abaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exam Fever by Blessing Anastasia Abaka )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Character of a Happy Life, Sir Henry Wotton
Poem of the Day
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo