Lawrence S. Pertillar
Those who naysay the strides made by others,
To ignore or dismiss their deeds as being worthless.
With a negativity promoted to invoke jokes upon their deeds,
Will never mention the time they have given to these folks...
Who have contributed and for decades,
Regardless from where these comments come to provoke...
A doing that produces undenied accomplishments,
That continue to succeed as if the doing of this done...
Feeds and breathes on expected opposition.
And an opposition known by those who have shown it,
Becomes as expected as an acceptance...
Of one's environment that remains to go unchanged.
'They believe they can be better than the rest of us.'
~I pray the day comes,
When the children are inspired by those same thoughts too.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Expected Opposition by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan