Lawrence S. Pertillar
Those who naysay the strides made by others,
To ignore or dismiss their deeds as being worthless.
With a negativity promoted to invoke jokes upon their deeds,
Will never mention the time they have given to these folks...
Who have contributed and for decades,
Regardless from where these comments come to provoke...
A doing that produces undenied accomplishments,
That continue to succeed as if the doing of this done...
Feeds and breathes on expected opposition.
And an opposition known by those who have shown it,
Becomes as expected as an acceptance...
Of one's environment that remains to go unchanged.
'They believe they can be better than the rest of us.'
~I pray the day comes,
When the children are inspired by those same thoughts too.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Expected Opposition by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- A Good Heart Needs No Book Smarts, Curtlan Popo
- Allowing Sweetened Romance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wonder, shafeeqrahman rahman
- Disguised, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shuffling, ramesh rai
- Clouds., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I can't sleep at night., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Matter Has No Matter, Curtlan Popo
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)