Exploring Happiness #57- Dialogue
My body and I
sometimes have a dialogue.
“You like this.
You don’t like that.”,
it tells me.
“Everyone else likes that,
so why can’t I.”, I argue.
But my body
has no patience for argument.
If I will not listen,
it punishes me with pain.
Since I have no choice,
I listen to its varied,
and then my body,
in its wisdom,
Each of us is a completely unique individual, like no other being on this planet.
As such, we are required to understand and value this uniqueness.
Ultimately it is through our own special make-up and vision that we must make our decisions and follow our particular destinies.
Our feelings and our intellect assist us in this knowledge, but we don’t always pay attention to these signals.
We need to become more aware of how important it is to our happiness to listen and to follow the directions of our inner voices.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Each man must have his “I”.
It is more necessary to him
Charles Horton Cooley
Follow your own star!
June Stepansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Exploring Happiness #57- Dialogue by June Stepansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska