Phillip Alan Green
Eye Of The Beholder
Serenity lives this peaceful morning,
The sighing of the wind through the trees,
Communicating thoughts and feelings, fortunes,
On the breath of the breeze.
The clouds then begin to gather,
People see me a little insane,
As they rush indoors, but I'd rather,
Be outside to enjoy the rain.
I pick my spot atop of hill,
As bleak blanket forms above the trees,
I feel excitement and accept the thrill,
Of fear and passion building in me.
As the sky screams, its' anger, its' outrage, its' defiance,
Sheets of pure white dance through the sky,
And all those negative feelings leave me in trance,
I laugh at those people inside that ask why.
The trees cry in helpless voice,
Rain arrogantly beats heavenly release,
I am the tempest, the storm, the noise,
Suddenly it ceases.
The storm moves on.
Wet as I am, I feel calm relieved,
Cleansed of pain, of guilt, of lies,
Disease has vanished among deceit,
And at last I begin to cry.
Phillip Alan Green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eye Of The Beholder by Phillip Alan Green )
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)