All the cliches in love poetry, it turns out, are true.
Eyes have sex organs and sex organs have eyes.
As Ma Ananda Sheela said of Rajneesh:
He didn't sleep with me, but he was a man of my eyes.
From across the room, her eyes made mouths at him;
But she discovered that she was moist between her legs.
Without saying anything she did it all with him;
Women are like that, he thought, silent but devastating.
He did nothing to her, but she still squirmed uncomfortably;
Eyes, not hands, should be clean.
With mounting pleasure her lids dimmed gradually;
When the eye of love opens, the other shuts automatically.
When she said, exasperated, but I have only two eyes,
How conveniently one forgets oneself, he thought shamelessly.
[Ffrom The Serene Flame]
Makarand Paranjape's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eyes by Makarand Paranjape )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Anthem For Doomed Youth, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- The three happy man are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor
- Lovely flow, hasmukh amathalal
- 'A Peaceful New Year', Sossi Khachadourian