I am loving the time that I spend with you,
My Facebook friends...old and new!
Now is the time, I must confess,
It's getting late and I need to rest!
Good-night to you all, we'll talk again
Tomorrow I will read how you all have been.
I will talk of my honey love,
And last night's rain that fell from above.
It is strange how our life evolves,
How when we login into Facebook all else dissolves.
But I continue to check all my friends' updates,
While my family at the dinner table, patiently waits
We updat our status and bare all our sins,
And then we hit accept to add more friends
We are all kind of crazy and really quite mad,
But I really don't think Facebook is that bad.
So I will continue to click on all of my friends,
To see what you are up to, to see all your sins.
And you may tag me any old time,
When you post silly pictures or a poem that does rhyme.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Facebook by Rik Bertrand )
- Nje portret dashurie kam mbetur..., skender iljaz braka
- Escape From - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Heartless Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- سأعطيك النهار الجميل, مالك حداد
- Everyday Options, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- يجب أن نقتل الليل, مالك حداد
- Is any other God equal to Thillai Sabapa.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- World Of Our Own, Adewale Ajakanri
- Metaphor of life, SALINI NAIR
- The flouted wealth, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)