William Vaughn Moody
NLY two patient eyes to stare
Out of the canvas. All the rest-
The warm green gown, the small hands pressed
Light in the lap, the braided hair
That must have made the sweet low brow
So earnest, centuries ago,
When some one saw it change and glow-
All faded! Just the eyes burn now.
I dare say people pass and pass
Before the blistered little frame,
And dingy work without a name
Stuck in behind its square of glass.
But I, well, I left Raphael
Just to come drink these eyes of hers,
To think away the stains and blurs
And make all new again and well.
Only, for tears my head will bow,
Because there on my heart's last wall,
Scarce one tint left to tell it all,
A picture keeps its eyes, somehow.
William Vaughn Moody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faded pictures by William Vaughn Moody )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara