Too many grand illusions that things will turn out right,
Hoping the tide will turn one day,
Wanting to give up the fight,
Clinging to hope for dear life,
Longing to see the day,
Endlessly searching for rainbows,
Will happiness come my way?
Maybe life will be different tomorrow,
False hope is fading fast,
What is the reason for living?
Trapped in a life from the past.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (False Hope by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW
- Passing No Judgement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An odd adventure...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Falling Leaves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Momentarily, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Zephyr's Army, Argentine Tango
- close, laxami Cards
- My friendly foe, Arnab Chaudhuri
- shut your dirty mouth, Mandolyn Davidson
- Rocking Chair Memories, Nicole GravellPellerino