Words of sister and bothers we do not want to explain
Rather try to identify the source of each dropp of rain.
It should not be the who, what, where, or when
Existence is ordained for now and not then.
In the family of man there is a Father and a Mother
All others are sisters or brothers.
Of course it does not remove a daughter or a son
For without them there would not be anyone.
A son to become a Father and the daughter a Mother
But first they were a sister and brother.
What is the value of the words genetically weak
It is the understanding of brother and sister we should seek.
Each of us is part of creation as a family under God
Our beginning and end has a connection to our earthly sod.
It is because of the family of God we should seek
To help brothers and sisters who are denied and weak.
Each of us has a spiritual gift called a soul
It is our joining together which will make us whole.
10-14-05 Aho Speaks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family by AHO Speaks )
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)