Family & Friends
We all have a cherished garden we tend -
It is planted with love of family and friends.
The memories and dreams we treasure and share
Are like beautiful roses found blooming there.
The comfort and care on which we depend
Is given with love between family and friends.
The sunshine of laughter and rain of a tear
Only make our love grow with each passing year.
We may all be ourselves with no need to pretend
Because of the love of family and friends;
They notice the rainbows and weather the showers.
They overlook weeds and praise all our flowers.
The most valuable thing is the time that we spend
Tending this garden with family and friends.
When counting our blessings, we know from the start
That family and friends come first in our heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family & Friends by Lizzy Pureheart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edward Kofi Louis
(13th October 1961)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Zulu King, Margaret Alice Second
- I Love Life, Alfred Oyori
- Silence, ashi singh
- Tales Of A Wife: Gillie, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- My Conscience Leads Me On, Tony Adah
- Just To Encourage You To Hold On, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Will Seek For You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Under The Apple Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- Spiced Wine, Edward Kofi Louis
- Innocent Wishes, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan