Family & Friends
We all have a cherished garden we tend -
It is planted with love of family and friends.
The memories and dreams we treasure and share
Are like beautiful roses found blooming there.
The comfort and care on which we depend
Is given with love between family and friends.
The sunshine of laughter and rain of a tear
Only make our love grow with each passing year.
We may all be ourselves with no need to pretend
Because of the love of family and friends;
They notice the rainbows and weather the showers.
They overlook weeds and praise all our flowers.
The most valuable thing is the time that we spend
Tending this garden with family and friends.
When counting our blessings, we know from the start
That family and friends come first in our heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family & Friends by Lizzy Pureheart )
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)