Farewell to the bushy clump close to the river
And the flags where the butter-bump hides in forever;
Farewell to the weedy nook, hemmed in by waters;
Farewell to the miller's brook and his three bonny daughters;
Farewell to them all while in prison I lie--
In the prison a thrall sees naught but the sky.
Shut out are the green fields and birds in the bushes;
In the prison yard nothing builds, blackbirds or thrushes.
Farewell to the old mill and dash of waters,
To the miller and, dearer still, to his three bonny daughters.
In the nook, the larger burdock grows near the green willow;
In the flood, round the moor-cock dashes under the billow;
To the old mill farewell, to the lock, pens, and waters,
To the miller himsel', and his three bonny daughters.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell by John Clare )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A LOVE MATHEMATICS, Ebi Robert
- Ne emer tee drejtesise, skender iljaz braka
- Ask me, Igor Adashkevich
- Lengu i limonit, skender iljaz braka
- Larguar si djali prangprishes, skender iljaz braka
- Lagja ime e vjeter, skender iljaz braka
- Kurbatka, skender iljaz braka
- Love Restrained, Sangnam Nam
- Kur theva nje enderr, skender iljaz braka
- Unconditional Love, alexander thor cirera