Res John Burman
Little Church nestling
Beside the River Camel
Sweet morning birdsong
Blackbird sings on graves
Saint Michael's Church Porthilly
Mother's favourite song
Copyright © Res JFB 14th May 2010
19 years ago we buried my Mother in the graveyard at St Michael's Church, Porthilly, a pretty little church built by the Normans in the 13th century, on the banks of the River Camel, just opposite Padstow. A sweet resting place.
Rest in Peace Olive Eva ~ Much Love
Res John Burman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Farewell Haiku' by Res John Burman )
- LOVE FOLDS, shannon strauss
- Shattered Heart, Curtis Brown
- The Guitarist, Aya Nasr
- Connections, Gerry Legister
- Imprisonment, Curtis Brown
- Love's the Star, Sandra Feldman
- Remember me, Curtis Brown
- Strongest of them all, Priscilla Rose
- I regret that night in Vegas, but I don'.., Mandolyn ...
- The call to shine, Adele Bercich