Farewell To A Friend
I will miss his joyful greeting
When I got home from work,
I will miss his soft brown eyes,
Watching every move I made.
I will miss him ever present,
Not far from my side.
I will miss his devotion,
Willing to follow me anywhere.
He was never more than a dog to me,
But all I have left now is an empty collar.
His going marks the end of one phase
In my life, and the beginning of another.
Farewell my friend,
It is time for us both to move on.
Susan Ash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell To A Friend by Susan Ash )
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- WHAT A SHAME! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- it will happen like this, Mandolyn ...
- The worst is not the best anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Tale Of Snow White And The Seven Dwa.., Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- My Mommy's Apple Pie!, santhosh kumar
- Flying out, maryline vautravers
- From God to God, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- Conscienceless, hafiz qasim
- Al Contorno L Ser Humano, Zoila T. Flores
- Pernickety, hafiz qasim