Farewell to the Day
Over the ebbing tide of noise
Falls the hush from the sky,
A crimson farewell to the day
Paints a melancholy in the air,
One last flutter the wings come to rest
Waiting for starlight to warm the nest…
Looking back, so hollow the bygone times ring,
Quietly sets in another evening.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell to the Day by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis
- Engimthadayo, senzokhaya umhayi
- Underground Poet, senzokhaya umhayi
- Le Mfihlo yethu, senzokhaya umhayi
- chat up, lee fones
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi