Augustus Montague Toplady (4 November 1740–11 August 1778 / Surrey, England)
Father of Love, to Thee I Bend
Father of love, to thee I bend
My heart, and lift mine eyes;
O let my pray'r and praise ascend
As odours to the skies.
Thy pard'ning voice I come to hear,
To know thee as thou art:
Thy ministers can reach the ear,
But thou must touch the heart.
O stamp me in thy heav'nly mould,
And grant thy word appl'd
May bring forth fruit an hundred fold
And speak me justify'd.
Poet Other Poems
- A Debtor to Mercy Alone
- Bowed With a Sense of Sin
- Deathless Principle! Arise
- Desiring to Be Given up to God
- Father of Love, to Thee I Bend
- Fountain of Never-Ceasing Grace
- God of Love
- Grace, 'Tis a Charming Sound
- He Dwelleth in You
- Holy Ghost! Dispel Our Sadness
- How Vast the Benefits Divine
- Hymn of Sovereign Grace
- If, on a Quiet Sea
- In Sickness
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.